We have a variety of different clients at Fullarton Chiropractic Centre, ranging from your average Joe who’s looking for a better quality of everyday life to professional athletes who want to improve performance.
In this blog we talk to Golfer, Jamie Roberts about his experiences with us and how he has benefited from Chiropractic.
Jamie is a fantastic young talent who has recently made a big move to the states to further his game and career even more.
1. Please give a brief introduction of yourself.
My name is Jamie Roberts, I’m 18 years old and I’m a golfer. I’ve recently moved to Colorado on a golf scholarship for the next four years.
2. How long have you been playing golf?
I started playing golf when I was 11 years at my local golf club.
3. How did you get into golf?
My dad got into golf as he had been playing most of his life and encouraged me to try it as our local golf club was only a few minutes’ drive from where we live.
4. What are your biggest achievements?
- Some of my achievements are being picked for the Scotland U18 winter training squad 2017 and 2018.
- Represented Scotland in an U16 friendly against France.
- 3x Muckhart golf club junior club champion.
- I was picked as the Muckhart golf club junior captain during my final season as a junior.
- Gaining a golf scholarship to the USA
5. Have you ever suffered from an injury that has affected your performance?
Before I went to Fullarton Chiropractic, I used to suffer from back pain which prevented from me practising for long periods of time. I was also bothered by the pain when playing which sometimes limited me on the golf course.
6. How did you come into contact with Fullarton Chiropractic?
I was told about Fullarton Chiropractic through family. After mentioning my back pain they advised me to try a session to see if it would help.
7. How long have you been working with Fullarton Chiropractic?
I have been working with Katie at Fullarton Chiropractic for about a year now.
8. What were your first thoughts on chiropractic?
At first, I was slightly sceptical about it and wasn’t sure if it would work. I had seen videos of it before on social media and it seemed like a painful process. After my first session I felt a lot better with my back pain and haven’t been bothered with it since I started going.
9. Do you feel chiropractic has helped you? If so, how?
Getting regular treatment has definitely helped me, as now I don’t have back pain while practising or playing. I’ve also seen an improvement in my mobility in my golf swing which has been a massive help in this last season.
10. How has your experience with Fullarton Chiropractic been?
My experience has been great. The chiropractors take great care of you not only during the sessions, but they help your performance by giving you exercises and stretches to help you in your sport.
11. Would you recommend other professionals in your sport to consider chiropractic?
I would recommend chiropractic to other professionals as it definitely has helped my performance in golf.
We are extremely proud to have been a part of Jamie’s exciting journey and we’re so pleased he has felt the benefits of chiropractic.
We would love to help you reach your own goals on the golf course. Whether it be reducing pain, playing longer, more energy throughout your game or something really specific to you. If you are looking are to improve at any level, let’s talk! Get in touch now and tell us how we can help you.