Massage Therapy at Connected Chiropractic
Massage therapy is offered in our clinic in central Paisley, which is easily reachable from the surrounding areas of Barrhead, Gallowhill, Linwood, Johnstone and Glasgow.
We are equipped to provide bespoke relaxation or remedial massage therapy in either 30 or 60-minute-long sessions. Our therapists are highly skilled in a range of techniques, including sports massage, Swedish massage and deep tissue massage. This means that each session is tailored to the individual needs of the patient, rather than a standard, pre-prescribed routine.
Massage Therapy at Connected Chiropractic
- Convenient Online Booking
- 5 star reviews
- Registered massage therapists
- Female and Male massage therapists
During a massage session with our therapists, specific goals are discussed, considered and monitored when designing personal treatment plans.
Our massage treatment is focused on helping clients to relax, improve their resilience to the stresses and strains of life and relieve muscular tension. Sports massage and deep tissue massage techniques can also be used for those recovering from sport and exercise.
Health Benefits of Massage
Massage therapy can positively affect your health and well-being in several important and varied ways:
- Massage helps to calm the nervous system, which promotes a sense of relaxation and positive well-being.
- Massage can be an excellent way of reducing feelings of tension and anxiety, helping lower stress levels as well as aiding in better sleep.
- Blood circulation can be stimulated by massage, which helps delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the cells around the body.
- Lymphatic massage techniques can stimulate the lymphatic system, which is responsible for carrying away the body’s waste products.
- The therapeutic techniques used in massage can prevent and relieve muscles cramps and spasms and help flush out lactic acid build up from sport or exercise.
- Remedial massage therapy can also help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis. Back massage can be used to manage pain from sciatica, while foot massage can manage pain arising from plantar fasciitis. Remedial massage is suitable for a wide range of conditions causing either acute or chronic pain.
Who is Massage Therapy For?
Massage therapy is suitable for a wide range of people in different situations. It can be an excellent way to relax if you are feeling stressed by work or day-to-day life. It is also effective in managing pain from muscular injuries sustained in the workplace or through sport and exercise.
Whether you’re an everyday athlete or a weekend gym-goer, massage therapy can be beneficial for flexibility, recovery or correcting muscular imbalance and posture issues. Regular massage that targets specific areas of the body is an excellent way to achieve this.
Massage can also be beneficial in helping manage chronic muscular or joint pain and long-term conditions such as arthritis and repetitive strain injuries.
You could benefit from massage if you have:
- Tension in your neck and shoulders
- Muscle tightness or lactic acid buildup from sport & exercise
- Muscular strain or injury from sport & exercise
- Difficulty with relaxing or sleeping
- Neck and back pain
- Lack of flexibility
What is Involved in Massage Therapy?
Before your first massage appointment with us, you’ll be asked to complete a consultation form to provide some background on your health and your specific issues requiring treatment. On meeting with one of our therapists, they will then ask for an overview of the issues you may be experiencing and looking to treat, from areas of pain and muscular tension through to general wellness and feelings of stress.
Depending on your needs and the duration of the session, the massage therapist will then massage either the full body or only specific areas that need attention. This will ensure that attention is given where it is needed most, and that your treatment is as effective as possible within the time available.
All our therapists are fully qualified in a range of techniques and disciplines, including sports massage, remedial massage and Swedish massage. They are highly skilled and experienced, ensuring that patients can relax knowing that they are in safe and reliable hands.
Our therapists can offer a wide variety of massage techniques as standalone or blend them together to achieve the best possible result, tailored to treat your specific issues, ailments and conditions.
- Neck and back massage
- Sciatica massage
- Sports massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Pregnancy massage
- Foot massage
- Plantar fasciitis and foot massage
- Lymphatic massage
- Relax massage
- Remedial massage
- Soft tissue release
- Trigger point therapy